Say hello to Pi day, March 14th! It’s a brand-new week for Home Clipart Animal Deer, and for the rest of the world obviously.
We’ve had a pretty bad last few weeks for this site, what with a bunch of missed posts and almost zero Election ‘016 stories at all. And we’re pretty sorry about all that, too. All the stories we have been giving you these past six months have skidded to a bit of a halt lately, and that’s because of two reasons: 1) We’re busy and this site makes no money so this is essentially working for free, and 2) We have no idea which stories work, which ones people actually enjoy and read, instead of which ones are unenjoyable, and it’s really hard to figure out what to write because of that.
So to fix those two problems, we’re implementing a New HCAD Revamp. What does that mean, exactly? Not all that much. The main change is a new weekly schedule. It’s very much reduced from the previous schedule:
- Monday – Weekly Welcome Post (Like this one here)
- Tuesday – Clipart Story
- Wednesday – Election ‘016: The Series
- Thursday – Clipart Story
- Friday – (Blank) We Haven’t Watched, or an HCAD Movie Club article.
- Saturday – Serial Story Chapter (currently, it’s Kuttsukiboshi x Madoka Magica, but it will change once that story ends in a couple weeks)
- Sunday – N/A (Unless we feel like posting something extra)
We actually figured that posting up to 10 or 12 times a week might actually be a chore for many people to get through, so our reduced schedule will hopefully be good for you and for us.
As you can see, Mondays will consist only of a Weekly Welcome Post, so these posts will end up being more substantive than usual. We might start rambling about weird blog stuff, or start recommending webcomics or something. You never know, and it all depends on the person writing it.
A sidenote, though; this is incredibly minor, but we will no longer be numbering our Clipart stories. There was never much of a reason for it to begin with and we were worried that it would start to confuse people who would think that the stories are connected via continuity or something. (A couple of them are, but it’s always noted when that happens.)
The other issue we have to address, as previously mentioned, is “audience engagement”. This sounds like some annoying marketing thing, and it probably is, but in the case of Home Clipart Animal Deer, we’re writing funny stories and weird serials and stuff like that. We thrive off the comments and feedback we get. Unfortunately, so far we haven’t gotten very much. So, short of begging for people to comment and share and sign up for mailing lists and all that, we’ll do anything to get more from you, dear reader.
So the first way we will attempt to solve this is a really simple and cheap method: A Writing Giveaway! Read here for more details on that.
Oh, and if you are or know someone who is versed at all in web design, please, contact us. Our site is pretty terrible and we know this very well. Please help us make it less terrible so that it is usable.
And to end this Weekly Welcome Post, since I’ve rambled enough already, here’s a list of all the cool posts we made last week:
- [Clipart 060] Normal Alien at the Nightclub – An Alien goes to a nightclub. What??
- [Clipart] Baby Duck – Has the clipart with the cutest art, which isn’t saying much since most public domain clipart is trash.
- [Madoka] Kuttsukiboshi x Madoka Magica – Chapter 15 – Lots of fight scenes! People punching each other! It’s really exciting stuff, guys!
- [Clipart] Cook by Rones – Another guest post by the lovely Trishytown.
Have a nice week, everyone.